If you are architecture students you’ve probably experienced:
– the taste of wood glue
– changes in your vocabulary: homework to project, ball to sphere, etc
– you don’t understand how somebody can spend less than $20 at the supplies store
– you hate people telling you “go to sleep” or “do you still have a lot of work?”
– your friends and you don’t have the same concept of work “oh, well do it right before class”
– you’ve slept more than 20 straight hours on weekends
– you can easily discuss with authority the effects of caffeine on different drinks
– no matter the effort you put in a project, somebody will always say ‘why don’t you add this’? or “why don’t you change this here? or “i think that…but…yeah, its ok”?
– you’ve heard all your ipod songs in a week
– you aren’t seen in public without bags under your eyes
– whenever you get invited somewhere, it is followed by or do you have a lot of homework?
– you’ll dance ymca with a choreography without a drop of alcohol in your system
– you write down a quick message with rapidographs, lead holders, markers and ink
– you constantly make up excuses for courses that are not design related why you didn’t do your work
– you have more pictures of landscapes and places than of people
– your worst nightmare consists of not finishing a project
– someone once called you lazy? and you wanted them murdered
– you can live without human contact, sunlight, food, but if your plotter’s ink runs out… chaos!!!
– when somebody lends you a Bic pen you look down at it
– you don’t care about sports cars, your favorite car is the one where you can put in your model and your huge computer
– you design spectacular things without the idea of the cost
– you have the modern mark: a blister in your palm’s hand for the constant use of your mouse
– everybody tells you how they admire your work, “but there is no money for it?
– you’ve gained the ability to sleep in whatever surface: pencils, keyboards, backpacks, your studio mates, food, etc
– you always have the idea that your project will always be recognized
– when you finally have free time to go out you keep thinking “who was the idiot that designed the restaurant’s bathroom? “who designed this menu? or “who designed this [chair, table, lighting, fork, etc]?
– you’ve been at many sunrises, yet you’ve never seen one
– you need to read all this in a facebook group to realize how weird your life is